Thursday, April 8, 2010

And So It Is

I've been watching a new quasi-reality show on E! that follows three girls and their Mom in their day-t0-day (staged) activities. The family often prays, and they always end their prayers by saying, "and so it is." I always think of Damien Rice's song, "The Blower's Daughter," when I hear them say that.

I think they are nuts.

But today I was thinking about a certain situation, and about how no matter how hard I try, I can't change it. Trust me, I've tried. Some things and some people won't budge.

All the talking, emailing, begging, and pleading hasn't changed this situation, and none of those things will. I've got to accept that this situation is the way that it is for a reason, and I have to trust that the reason is for my good.

And so it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment