Monday, January 25, 2010

Evident Truths

Events that transpired this weekend have made several things evident.

1) I do not, in fact, have it all together. As much as I want to believe I've got control and that I make right decisions more often than not, it's just not reality. At least it hasn't been for quite a while.

2) I need to stop looking for what's wrong in others and realize that there's quite a bit not right with me that I need to take care of. I think it's been a deflecting mechanism, focusing in on the wrong in others so as to distract myself from what needs fixin' in me.

3) Maybe Mom is right. Alcohol may, in fact, be the devil. It sure hasn't brought much good to me lately.

4) Even after all the mistakes and screw ups and never-thought-I-would've's, God is a God of forgiveness and hope. Only in Him can I find that kind of forgiveness and grace, and also the strength to move forward in a right and better way.

5) Did I mention I don't have it all together?

6) I've got to start putting the focus that I've been directing towards all kinds of peripheral issues into bettering myself. I've got to renew my focus.

7) Because of God's grace, we aren't defined by our mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment