Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm Not The One

Yesterday I finally said the words that have been holding me back, keeping me in a holding pattern, for a while now.

"I'm not The One."

After I said it, it seemed so simple, so obvious. A calm clarity presented itself. The reason things weren't working out was simply because I'm not The One for him. Because when it's right, it just works. It might be harder sometimes than others, but at the end of the day, that deep commitment to and the love for the other person makes it all alright. I really believe that.

But not everybody believes in that kind of love, commitment, passion, faith, hope. People have told me that I'm only setting myself up for failure by believing. And for a minute there, I believed 'em. For the first time in my life, I felt pretty hopeless.

But ya' know what? I'm just not The One for those people, people that don't believe.

And that's OK. I can't be The One for everyone, just for My One. And trust me, he believes in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment