Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lessons From January

I think at the end of each month in this Year of Ginny, I'll recap the things I learned in those weeks.

In January, I learned:

1. My way sucks. Like really sucks. The more I try to do things my way, driven by my emotions, feelings, selfish ambitions, the further I fall from where I want to be. So I'm gonna' let God lead from now on. After all, He created all the things I've screwed up.

2. Hope is good. It keeps us going. But ultimately, God gives us discernment in what is and what is not worthy of our hope and energy.

3. From an email my Mom sent me: "If it doesn't make your life better, you don't need it."

4. I am far from alone. I've got a truly amazing family that loves me unconditionally, and friends that do the same. There's no reason for me to ever feel alone.

5. This is gonna' be a pretty cool year.

No comments:

Post a Comment