Sunday, January 3, 2010

Outta' My Way

A couple of days ago, while laying on my couch looking out the window (amidst the too-many-to-count multi-colored glass knick knacks), I had an epiphany.

I was thinking about how great my life really is. I have faith in a God that has never, I repeat, never let me down, I have the best family in all the world (I know everyone says that, but in my case, it's true), amazing friends, a great job that I truly enjoy, a house that I adore, and a big snuggly furball of a cat that's too precious for words.

But like they always do, thoughts of what isn't quite right in my life started sneaking up, making me question all of the things listed above and more. I started thinking about the things in my life that I'm not happy about. And then I started thinking about what is at the root of those things, those circumstances, those situations.

And then it hit me. "Ginny, the only thing holding you back from the things you desire, is you."

I've thought things along those lines previously, but it's always been a logical, static thought that didn't resonate and obviously didn't impact my choices. But this time was different. It made sense, in a very real and impactful way.

So, in this, the Year of Ginny, I'm going to work on getting out of my own way. I'm going to be more cognizant of the decisions I make and the thoughts and feelings that I let dictate those decisions. I will learn to question whether or not the things I do/think/feel/say are in line with what I want for my life, or if they're driven by fear/insecurity/doubt/etc.

And then, I'll get outta' my own way.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Arkansas Bloggers! I'm so glad you decided to link up. I'll try to keep everyone updated on our progress as the page is developed. I'm looking forward to reading more of what you have to say. I host a weekly blog event called Crock Pot Wednesday. Feel free to join in with me for that whenever you like. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete