Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just Let It Go?

"Let it go."

I've heard those three words a lot in the course of my life. Hell, I've said those words to myself at least a hundred times.

But...what if I can't?

I'm the type of person that keeps everything. Things with sentimental value, no matter how ridiculous, things that I think I may need ten years down the road, etc. I'm always afraid that if/when I get rid of something, I'll end up needing it again. I'm afraid that a time will come when I'll regret throwing that item away.

So here I am, someone that can barely throw away a movie stub. So how am I supposed to let a whole person go?

They say that you must completely close one door in order for another to open. I get it. It makes perfect sense logically. But I have a hard time getting my heart to jump on that bandwagon. It just seems so harsh, letting someone go.

I guess I'm trying to figure out how to do that, and how to do that in a healthy way.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment